FAQs – MYXpats Centre
About MYXpats Centre
1. What is MYXpats Centre?
The Malaysia Expatriate Talent Service Centre (MYXpats Centre) provides employers and expatriates with Employment Pass and related pass services. It processes and issues the Employment Pass and related passes for eligible expatriates wanting to work in Malaysia.
It is a joint initiative between Talent Corporation Malaysia (TalentCorp) and the Immigration Department of Malaysia, and is overseen by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
2. What are the services offered at the MYXpats Centre?
Companies already registered with the Expatriate Service Division (ESD) can make use of the MYXpats Centre to:
- • Apply for relevant passes for their expatriate employees
- • Seek assistance during the document submission process
- • Collect endorsed immigration passes
3. How do I apply for an Employment Pass?
Expatriates are not allowed to apply for their own immigration passes. The application must be done by the company that intends to hire the expatriate.
Firstly, company need to be registered with the ESD before they can apply for an expatriate Employment Pass or other expatriate related immigration pass. Applications for these passes can be made online at esd.imi.gov.my
4. What are the documents that I need to complete and where can I get them?
The checklist is made available in the ESD Online Guidebook.
5. How long will it take to process and approve the Employment Pass application?
Once all required documents have been submitted, all applications will be processed within five (5) working days.
Expatriate Pass Applications
1. Does the company need to submit hardcopies of uploaded documents after the application is submitted?
The company does not need to submit hardcopies unless there is a request from MYXpats Centre to view the original documents.
2. Can the expatriate applicant submit dependants together when submitting the application?
Yes, the expatriate applicant may submit the dependants' application together when submitting the application.
The applicant may also add the dependant/s later once the principal’s application is approved.
3. Can the applicant apply for a Visa with Reference together when submitting the application?
If the applicant is out of the country, an application for a Visa with Reference can be made together when submitting the application.
4. How will I know if the application is approved or rejected?
You will be notified via the system. If approved, the approval letter will also be issued and can be printed directly from the system.
5. How will the Visa with Reference be issued?
There are two ways for the Visa with Reference to be issued:
- • You can get it issued by presenting the approval letter at the MYXpats Centre counter.
- • The Visa with Reference will also be made available through the system soon.
6. How do I change the passport or visa details if the application has already been approved?
Please provide an official letter to inform the MYXpats Centre of the changes together with necessary supporting documents.
7. How long will it take for my company’s new position request submission to be processed?
Under the Client Charter, it will take 5 working days to process submissions.
1. Where is the MYXpats Centre located?
MYXpats Centre is located at:
Level 16, Surian Tower
No 1 Jalan PJU 7/3
47810 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
2. What are MYXpats Centre’s operating hours?
MYXpats Centre’s operating hours are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm from Mondays to Fridays.
3. How do I get to the MYXpats Centre?
i. By Car or Cab/Taxi:
GPS Coordinate: N3 09.484 E101 36.79
Surian Tower can be accessed by the Lebuhraya Damansara-Puchong (LDP), the New Klang Valley Expressway (NKVE) and the SPRINT Highway’s Penchala Link.
ii. By Public Bus:
You may take the U82 RapidKL bus from KL Sentral to Bandar Utama, Damansara.
From Bandar Utama, take U86 RapidKL bus to The Curve, Mutiara Damansara.
4. Where can I go for more information about MYXpats Centre?