EXIT AND ENTRY PROCEDURES FOR THE COUNTRY OF INDIA DURING THE MOVEMENT CONTROL ORDER
04 May 2021
Dear Valued Clients,
On 26 th April 2021, the Senior Minister of Defence issued a media statement on the following procedures:
- Implementation of temporary flight restrictions for Exit and Entry from country of India will be imposed on all travellers who embarked from any destinations in India, either via direct flight or transit to Malaysia. This RESTRICTION includes travellers transiting in Malaysia journeying to other countries.
- Exemptions are given to Malaysian citizens who will need to undergo a COMPULSORY FOURTEEN (14) days QUARANTINE at a Quarantine Centre stipulated by the National Disaster Management Agency (NADMA) and Ministry of Health (MOH).
- Flights or any other modes of transportation with a history of travel from India in the last fourteen (14) days are not allowed for a sign-off procedure in Malaysia, except for any Malaysian crew, who will be required to undergo a FOURTEEN (14) days QUARANTINE at a Quarantine Centre stipulated by NADMA and MOH.
Implementation to restrict entries involving Indian citizens will be imposed for the following:
- All Long Term-Social Visit Pass (LTSVP) holders in Malaysia. Exception is given to Permanent Resident holder and Spouse of Malaysian with the condition to obtain an Entry Approval via MyTravelPass (MTP) based on their respective categories. They must also undergo a FOURTEEN (14) days QUARANTINE at a Quarantine Centre stipulated by NADMA and MOH.
- Business Travellers;
- Social Visit; and
- NEW and RENEWAL holders of the following who are currently abroad: Employment Pass (EP) / Professional Visit Pass (PVP) / Residence Pass-Talent (RP-T) / Dependant Pass (DP)/ Long-Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP);
- Malaysian citizens who are currently in India are allowed to enter Malaysia, and are required to undergo a COMPULSORY FOURTEEN (14) days QUARANTINE at a Quarantine Centre stipulated by NADMA and MOH.
- Malaysia citizens are PROBIHITED to travel to India; and
- All Exit and Entry Approvals that have been obtained through MyTravelPass, MyEntry or other entry approvals are VOIDED / CANCELLED.
Please be reminded that the above measures will be reviewed on a regular basis by the Government of Malaysia. For further assistance, please e-mail us at:
For Employment Pass, Professional Visit Pass, and related passes: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Residence-Pass Talent (RP-T): email@example.com
For Returning Expert Programme (REP): firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your kind understanding and cooperation.