COVID-19 SOP RELAXATION FOR TRAVELLERS ENTERING MALAYSIA EFFECTIVE 1 MAY 2022
10 May 2022
Dear Valued Clients,
We refer to the press release issued by the Ministry of Health (MOH) dated 27 April 2022 where the Government has reviewed the control measures during the transition into endemic phase effective 1 May 2022. Please note the following procedures:
A. COVID-19 test requirements prior to departure and upon arrival are no longer needed for the following groups of travellers:
- Travellers aged 12 and under regardless vaccination status
- Travellers aged 13 years and above who have completed vaccination
- Travellers with a history of COVID-19 infection within 6 to 60 days from the recovery date prior to departure
B. Travellers with incomplete vaccination status or have not received vaccination must comply to the following:
- To perform pre-departure test two (2) days prior to departure to Malaysia (RT-PCR or RTK-Ag Professional)
- Undergo COVID-19 screening test within 24 hours upon arrival using antigenic RTK with the supervision of private medical practitioners either physically or virtually
- Compulsory to undergo a quarantine for five (5) days at any accommodation including own residence and required to undergo RT-PCR on the fourth day or RTK-Ag professional on the fifth day
C. Travellers who detected symptoms upon entry at the International Gateway will be instructed to undergo a COVID-19 screening test with a professional RTK antigen (Ag).
D. All travellers must still present a Traveller's Card displayed in the MySejahtera app uponarrival at the International Gateway.
E. COVID-19 insurance for foreign travellers is no longer a pre-requisite to enter Malaysia.
You may refer to the Ministry of Health (MOH) website here for more information.
For any other queries, please contact us at +603-7839 7171 or email us at:
a) Employment Pass, Professional Visit Pass, and related passes: email@example.com
b) Residence-Pass Talent (RP-T): firstname.lastname@example.org
c) For other Immigration related matters: http://eapp.imi.gov.my/tanya/create