REVISION OF ESD ONLINE GUIDEBOOK
25 October 2023
Dear Valued Clients,
Please be informed that effective 25 October 2023, the latest version of the ESD Online Guidebook (V4) is now accessible on the ESD website. Important updates to the guidebooks are as follows:
- APPLICATION FOR SUPPORT LETTER FROM AGENCIES VIA XPATS GATEWAY:
The Companies that are regulated by Agencies are required to submit an approval letter for each Employment Pass (Category I, II, and III) application from the relevant Agencies in the Xpats Gateway platform to obtain their approval letter. Please refer to pages 18 to 21 for more details.
For detailed information, kindly refer to the full guidelines below:
- EMPLOYMENT PASS (EP) APPROVAL REQUIREMENT
All new Employment Pass Categories I, II, and III (knowledge/skilled workers) must obtain an Approval Letter and Visa with a Reference Letter (VwR) for the purpose of employment. The Approval and VwR Letters must be produced at Malaysia\'s Entry Point for verification purposes.
Note: For categories I, II, and III, nationalities that require a visa to enter Malaysia can apply at the nearest Malaysian Embassy, High Commission, or Consulate General in the respective country or can apply through the eVISA website (If applicable), please refer to page 33 for further details.
- PROFESSIONAL VISIT PASS (PVP) APPROVAL
All new PVP applications must obtain an Approval Letter before entering Malaysia for the purpose of employment. The Approval Letter must be produced at Malaysia\'s Entry Point for verification purposes. Please refer to page 52 for more details.
- ENDORSEMENT AND STICKER DELIVERY
AT MYXPATS CENTRE FOR EP, DP & PVP
- Applicants who have entered the country will have 30 days from the date of entry to endorse the EP sticker and 14 days for the PVP sticker via pass delivery by Pos Malaysia (NEW AND RENEWAL APPLICATIONS), or Applicants who have entered Malaysia via KLIA Terminal 1 will be able to collect and endorse the EP or PVP sticker at the ESD Satellite Centre (ESC), KLIA Terminal 1 (NEW APPLICATION ONLY)
- Endorsed sticker(s) will be delivered within Klang Valley in 1 working day, outside of Klang Valley in 3 working days and to Labuan in 5 working days upon collection by Pos Malaysia
- An ePASS (FOR RENEWALS EP & DP ONLY) can be generated through the ESD Online for applicants with a previously endorsed sticker on the passport, subject to the discretion of the Immigration Department of Malaysia. Please refer to page 73 for further details
Please refer to the checklist and sample documents for EP and PVP application on pages 86 and 87
We strongly encourage you to go through the ESD Online Guidebook V4, 2023 to ensure that you are updated with current requirements for ESD Online-related applications.
Should you require further assistance, please contact MYXpats Helpdesk:
E-mail  : email@example.com
Telephone  : +603-7839 7171