FAQs – MYXpats Centre Application Charges
MYXpats Centre Application Charges
1. When will the application charges for skilled expatriate employment pass begin?
The MYXpats Centre will implement application charges for all skilled expatriate employment passes, which include Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass, and Social Visit Pass (SVP) effective 1 June 2016.
2. What are the new application charges?
Below are the new application charges:
NO. TYPE OF PAYMENT (PER APPLICATION) Current Charges With SST (6%) 1 Employment Pass (EP) RM 300.00 RM 318.00 2 Dependant Pass (DP) RM 70.00 RM 74.20
For more information on the SST, please visit the Royal Malaysian Customs’ website at https://mysst.customs.gov.my(NOTE: The amount stated are solely for the expatriate application charges and exclude Immigration fees)
3. Is the application charges applied for Professional Visit Pass (PVP)?
The application charges is not applicable to Professional Visit Pass (PVP) at the moment.
4. Why are you introducing the application charges for skilled expatriate employment pass?
The introduction of the application charges for skilled expatriate employment passes will enable the MYXpats Centre to continue enhancing its facilities and services in processing employment passes for skilled expatriates on a sustainable basis. The application charges will also cover the cost incurred in processing the application from the time of submission to the time the customer is notified of the outcome.
5. Why were the application charges not implemented when MYXpats Centre began operation in June 2015?
The application charges were not implemented when MYXpats Centre officially started operations on 1 June 2015 because we wanted to prioritise developing a robust online data platform and service-driven process to enable the centre to efficiently process employment pass applications for skilled expatriates within its five-day client charter. Since June 2015, we have successfully approved more than 74% of Employment Pass applications within this client charter.
6. Do the application charges apply to all skilled expatriate employment pass submissions?
Yes, these charges apply to all skilled expatriate employment pass applications submitted through ESD Online. These include online applications submitted at the MYXpats Centre.
7. Will there be any increase in the application charges in the future?
At this point in time, there is no plan to increase the application charges for skilled expatriate employment passes in the immediate future.
8. Who will have to bear the application charges?
The payment of the application charges for skilled expatriate employment passes are to be borne by the employer.
9. Are the application charges refundable?
No, the application charges for skilled expatriate employment passes are to be paid before application submission and are non-refundable. Payments made for unsuccessful applications will not be reimbursed.
1. Why do I have to make an upfront payment when my skilled expatriate employment pass application may not be approved?
The application charges for skilled expatriate employment passes will cover the costs incurred in processing the applications from submission to the notification of the outcome, regardless of the outcome of the application.
2. What are the payment methods for the application charges?
Currently, payment can be made online via credit card (Master/Visa) and internet banking. We will introduce other payment methods in the future to serve you better.
3. Does the MYXpats Centre accept payment by cheques or bank drafts?
No, we currently do not accept payment by cheques or bank drafts.
4. To whom shall I make the payment to?
All payments are to be made to "Malaysia Expatriate Services Centre Sdn Bhd"
5. If my online payment is not successful, who should I contact?
Kindly contact your respective bank should you encounter any problem with your online payment.
6. Are there any charges for Endorsement of Sticker, Special Pass, Transfer of Endorsement or Shortening of Pass?
No, the MYXpats Centre does not impose any charges to process the above transactions. However, they are still subject to the relevant Immigration Department charges.
7. I do not have an online banking services. Can I walk in and pay directly at the MYXpats Centre?
To provide a convenient and seamless user experience, all payment for the application charges for skilled expatriate employment passes are to be made online and submitted as part of the application submission through ESD Online.